Friday, January 9, 2009

Weekend Plans

This weekend I am planning to attend the Twin Cities Multisports Clubs sponsor open houses: Grand Performance on Friday, Accua on Saturday and StartLine Running Store on Sunday. I will also be continuing the organizing & cleaning of my house. I will complete building up my tri bike. On Saturday I will spin to one of the new CTS Progressive Power DVDs on my road bike to check it out and make sure it is shifting correctly and the set up is dialed in before attending Fiona's 2 hour spin at Balance on Sunday. If I am able to get all that done, I will start working on getting one of my old PCs up and running so I can use it to play/stream music through my stereo. That's all folks....yeah right....

1 comment:

cyclingchic said...

Hey John,

Sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend! It also sounds like you do a lot of training indoors. I have to take my training indoors as well during the winter months, living in the Northeast. I've found that it dramatically improves my riding though come spring! I see that you use the CTS DVDs. I have used a few of those as well and think the content is great. They really help to give me some concrete objectives for my ride and my training.

There is another company out there named Global Ride and they do "virtual cycling" DVDs. It's really nice to be able to feel like you're riding outside when you're actually confined indoors. There are a ton of options with the DVDs since you can use their music or your own as well as choose from multiple coaching tracks (of which Sally Edwards and Matt Reed each have their own). I would highly recommend them :-)

Just as a side note, they did a nationwide tour to premiere their new DVD series and Minneapolis was one of the stops on their tour. The club that hosted them was Pedal Indoor Cycling Studio and you can see a video on Youtube from that club (as well as the other stops on their tour). Here's a link to the Youtube video, enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmcpedlssQI

And if you're interested, here's a link to their website: www.cyclingfusion.com

Happy Training!