Monday, December 1, 2008

Personal Training vs. DVD's

I spend quite a bit of money on training, especially personalized indoor cycling classes in the winter ($180 / 1 session per 8 weeks) and dynamic speed/power/stability personal training classes ($225 / / 1 session per 8 weeks). I bought the P90X DVD's ($150) and will be going through the 3 month series starting very soon. I plan to get the CTS Progressive Power Series DVD's ($150) for Christmas and go through the series starting in January.

At initial glance the DVD series contain all the same type of workouts I do during the personal trainer run sessions. The only thing missing is having a trainer right there holding you accountable for doing the workout and pushing you. The major benefit will be spending the money once to buy the DVD series instead of paying for personal training sessions every 8 weeks. In the long run the DVD's will be much more cost efficient.

I have already recruited other triathlete's to do the workouts with me which will help in staying motivated to do the workouts at home and help with pushing each other to go as hard as you would with a personal trainer.

I will post all of my starting and ending fitness test results along with updates of how the DVD series compare against personal training.

No comments: